Fantastic Course, Fantastic Education Centre & very friendly and supportive trainers. Would highly recommend G-TEC for the next course.
* Chinese New Year Offer. 10% Off for Programming Courses & 7% Off for Multimedia & Ms Office Courses. Offer Valid till 31/01/2019
SDFSkill Future Productivity and Innovation Credit
The Skills Development Fund (SDF) support is used to support workforce upgrading programmes and to provide training grants to companies when they send their employees to attend training. The SDF is administrated by the SkillsFuture Singapore Agency (SSG).
To be eligible for SDF support,
- Companies must be registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Trainees must be employees who are either Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR). Foreigners working in Singapore on Employment Pass, Work Permit, or Social Visit Pass or any other pass are not eligible for SDF funding for training.
- Trainees must have achieved at least 75% attendance and have sat for all examinations if the course leads to certification
- Individuals, who are Singaporeans or PRs can not apply for SDF funding on their own. They must get their company to sponsor them for training. Only a Singapore registered company can apply for SDF funding for its employees. Individuals can however apply for SkillsFuture Credits to pay for their training (only applicable for Singaporeans aged 25 and above).
- Only companies which contribute CPF and SDL ( Skills Development Levy ) for its employees are eligible for SDF Funding.
How to Apply for SDF Funding?
To apply for SDF funding for your employees, first go the the Skills Connect website at http://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
To login, the company representative (usually HR, Training, Finance or Management) will have to login to the site using their Singpass ID and Password.Once they successfully login to the SkillsConnect website, based on their company profile and status, they will see a menu of things that they can do
Do note that the SDF Grant given for their employees may differ for each employee, due to many factors like age, salary, experience, and qualifications, and the status of the company. Some employees get a higher funding amount, and some get a lower amount.
For more questions on the amount granted to you, you should talk to Skills Connect personnel at WDA. You can find their contact information at or call them at 6883-5885 (Last Updated on Dec 2013).
What is Full Fee and Net Fee?
Courses may be approved for funding in SkillsConnect on either full fee or nett fee payment type.
For full fee payment type, the company pays the training organisation the full course fee. Training grant application submitted by the company is routed directly to SSG for approval. Company is responsible for submitting the claim to SSG for the training grant upon course completion.
Nett Fee (Employer-Sponsored Training)
For nett fee payment type, the company pays the training organisation the unfunded portion of the course fee i.e. full course fee less course fee funding from SSG. The training grant application submitted by the company is first routed to the training organisation for endorsement, before being routed to SSG for approval. The training organisation is responsible for submitting the claim to SSG upon course completion. Upon approval of the claim, the course fee funding will be disbursed to the training organisation and Absentee Payroll funding, if applicable, will be disbursed to the company.
G-TEC Computer Education Centre support Nett Fee payment type, so the participant need to pay the net amount after deducting the grant amount. If the course fee is S$250, and the SDF grant given is S$25, then we will invoice you for the balance amount (S$250 - S$25) = S$225only.
How do I know whether a course is on full fee or nett fee?
Search for the course in the SkillsConnect Course Directory here and check 'Payment Type (Approved)' of the course details.
For More information, you can visit the web site: https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg